Tuesday, July 5, 2011

So Many Appointments, Too Far Away

When you have a chronic illness such as Type 1 Diabetes, as you can imagine, you have a LOT of doctor's appointments. I went from barely going to the doctor's to going once a week--at least. I am sure that they will eventually dwindle down when my blood sugars are better controlled, but as of right now, I feel like I live at the clinic. Not that I mind it too much. I am just glad that I am being taken care of and I feel like I have an excellent group of supporters that I can turn to when I need them.

The problem? Well, you see, I don't have a car. I live with my boyfriend who does have a car, but unfortunately there are days when he has class and using it is just not possible. I do have another option, which is using my mother's car. She lives close by and every time I need to use it, I have to sleep over her house that night and take her to work in the morning. Those days are actually a blessing to me because for about half a day, I have the freedom with the car to do what I want! It's nice, let me tell you.

It is getting to the point, though, where I have so many appointments, that I have a sleepover at my mom's once a week. My boyfriend gets sad and depressed when that happens. It isn't like he doesn't understand, because he does, but it still gets him down. At least I know he misses me and that he cares.

Tonight is one of those nights. I have to wait for him to come home from class just so he can drive me over to my mother's. I feel so pathetic when I have to do this. It is so frustrating not being able to just drive to the places where I need to go. I can do without the hassle. I have enough things on my mind that I am worried about and transportation shouldn't be one of them. Anyone have a car they want to give me? Just kidding. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment